Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#51087 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:32 pm
Okay, I use Direction / Distance and this may depend on that, but if I am Move / Dragging something and it is "on the cursor", if I then enter a distance, it moves that distance. That is cool... I maybe should have already known this, but now I do!
#51101 by damian
Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:27 am
There is one other situation pretty cool Neil that I discovered just yesterday: If you want to draw a line from a known point, click on that point, then take off with the right mouse button and type the distance. It's like 'reference point' but faster.
#51103 by Mark F. Madura
Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:32 am
damian wrote:If you want to draw a line from a known point, click on that point, then take off with the right mouse button and type the distance. It's like 'reference point' but faster.
You can achieve the same results by using [Ctrl] + Left-click which allows you to set a reference point without drawing a line.
You can also use [Ctrl] + [Shift] + Left-click which allows you to object snap and set a reference point without drawing a line.
#51107 by damian
Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:47 am
Mark, I do not know what it depends but I tried your suggestions and do not work. I'd like to know why. However, even my method is without draw a line. just need direction and type distance