Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...

Will this Registry edit be helpful to you?

33%
50%
17%
#4087 by joshhuggins
Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:57 pm
Click on the Image below to go to my website and in the user guides section at the bottom there is a Registry edit that will allow you to Simply Backup your entire Datacad Directory for safe keeping and then in the event of a system failure, you can restore your Datacad installation just how you left it by coping back your backed up copy of your Datacad directory and then running the registry edit. This can also be used to move your Datacad Directory. Some additional path edits may need to be done in the program prefs for a directory move. Make sure you read the directions to edit the registry before you run it.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#4104 by Nick Pyner
Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:19 pm
Why do you need to run the registry edit? I just have the whole \DataCad subdirectory sans \DWG backed up to CDR. This is my personal version. If anything goes seriously wrong, I simply re-instal DCad, delete the subdir and copy my stuff off the CD.
Far more likely, I rename \DataCad \aa, reinstall, delete the new \DataCad and rename \aa \DataCad.
What would be more appropriate, is a bit more flexibility with the factory CD. See wishlist gripe below.
#4127 by joshhuggins
Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:55 pm
Basically you answered your question for me :wink: This way you don't have to bother with digging out the install CD, put your serial number in, wait for the install, move or delete anything. Just restore your directory and double click the registry file and your done. The one thing this is missing is file associations. I am adding that now :mrgreen:
Last edited by joshhuggins on Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#12492 by joshhuggins
Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:13 pm
I've re-uploaded this registry edit on my website. It now associates more file types with Datacad and adds more icons. There are also four path options available.

Restore Datacad 11 registry values - (For full dir backups)