Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#56335 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:38 am
If you need to convert several lines (more than you want to re-type) of old-style text that you need to convert into either ParaText or MText, then you can Control-E / Copy it to the clipboard, Paste it into NotePad, and reselect it with Control-A and Copy Control-C it back to the clipboard. This will then Paste into a ParaText or MText input dialog box all in one go.
#77193 by Lars
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:30 am
Can I change a single line of text to a Paratext without having to create a new element and delete the old one?

We can make lines polylines and vis-a-vis... why not text? It would save me alot of time.
#77194 by joshhuggins
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:04 pm
For converting single-line text to PText you don't need to paste it into Notepad first usually, you can paste it right into the PText box. :wink:

And for single-line text to MText I paste my copied single line text into a PText box first, then recopy it from there before I paste it into my Mtext box so I don't have to get another app involved and we are already in the same menu in Datacad. :D
#77195 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:31 pm
If it is a long paragraph, and if the lines may have been entered out of order (i.e. edited by inserting a line(s) after it was initially typed - then you need to select it line by line in order - so that it pastes in the correct order.

If you select by Area, the lines will be shifted into the order they were entered. If you do it by Group, you won't get the whole thing.
#77197 by joshhuggins
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:58 pm
Good point Neil! You can fix this issue and setup your base files to be a little more user friendly by grouping entities using ENTITY selection method and pick the entities in the order you want them to be copied or edited. Works good for setting up tables so you can pick a row of information that is comprised of using multiple single text entities using Group or Area and you will be prompted to change each line of text in the order you grouped them in.