Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#4326 by Mark F. Madura
Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:32 pm
I updated my Google Toolbar ( http://toolbar.google.com ) today and discovered it includes a new spelling checker for web forms. Now it's possible to check forum messages before you post them.

From the Google Toolbar website...

New! SpellCheck
ARe yu a raelly bad tyipsst? Google Toolbar's new SpellCheck button finds any spelling mistakes whenever you type into a web form, including web-based email, discussion forums, and even intranet web applications. The AutoFix option even corrects all of your text with a single click.

FWIW,

MFM
#4330 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:27 pm
Hi Mark:

The Mozilla-based browser in Linspire also has a built-in spell checker. FireFox does not, but I would check out the Mozilla browser for Windows; since it is a "suite" with email and the browser in one, I would not be surprised if it had one...

[Edit: I see that they do have a version for FireFox -- so cool! This version is not "dynamic" like the one in the Linspire Suite, but it is better to have one, than not at all...]
#4348 by joshhuggins
Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:39 pm
Sweet, thanks Mark!
#4372 by WizArtist
Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:23 pm
And here I had always used Word and then Copy/Paste.....