Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#24 by joshhuggins
Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:30 pm
If you would like to add a new toolbar Icon in DataCAD for a link to this forum, add this bit of code to one of your two used toolbars. I suggest adding it to a custom toolbar if you have one, because a lot of the Datacad toolbars get over written I believe with DataCAD's updates, but don't quote me on that (havent used the standard toolbars).

start
[DataCAD Forum]
Hint=DataCAD Forum
Icon=information
P=C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe http://www.datacad.com/bbs/index.php

end
#167 by John
Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:15 pm
For some reason I was unable to get it to work when I ceated a new button. It didn't launch Internet Explorer at all, and I did it exactly as shown.
#170 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:25 pm
If you email me your toolbar dtb file, I'll take a look at it for ya.
#178 by Greg Blandin
Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:13 pm
John wrote:For some reason I was unable to get it to work when I ceated a new button. It didn't launch Internet Explorer at all, and I did it exactly as shown.

I would think you need to make sure the path is correct. Your iexplorer might be located somewhere else for some strange reason.
#180 by John
Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:21 pm
I have the feeling, which I didn't think of before, is that it has to do with other software I have on my computer (ie. firewall software) which prevented DataCAD from interacting with Internet Explorer.
#182 by Greg Blandin
Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:35 pm
A firewall wouldn't stop IE from being launched. It would stop IE from reaching the DataCAD page.

Search your harddrive for where iexplorer.exe is located and make sure that path is in your toolbar button.
#183 by John
Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:41 pm
Greg Blandin wrote:A firewall wouldn't stop IE from being launched. It would stop IE from reaching the DataCAD page.

Search your harddrive for where iexplorer.exe is located and make sure that path is in your toolbar button.

I actually already got it working by changing settings with my software :P
#184 by Greg Blandin
Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:55 pm
John wrote:
Greg Blandin wrote:A firewall wouldn't stop IE from being launched. It would stop IE from reaching the DataCAD page.

Well then nevermind what I said.
#186 by John
Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:01 pm
Greg Blandin wrote:
John wrote:

Well then nevermind what I said.

Yeah, I should have thought of it before, but I didn't think of it until I realized the problem wasn't with the toolbar itself (since it was working on other machines). Thanks anyways.