Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#69637 by Ted B
Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:18 pm
For years I have used a thin dashed-lines or solid-lines for Xrefs backgrounds. but they're rather 'busy' and can be distracting. I tried DOTTED instead for a "screened 25%" appearance instead. It stands out and is actually more 'snap'-able for new work on-screen, yet it fades into the background more subtly than the DASHED when plotted. It works better if the Xref is one dedicated layer.

You may have to experiment with pen-width and spacing depending on your printer-plotter to get the screened-density you want.
#71261 by artmanvt2000
Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:43 am
I use a black background and found that turning the xref to a dark color, close to black, works in a similar way. Perfect for coordinating ceiling plans with xref's of the mechanical plan (I use dark brown) and lighting plan (I use dark red).