Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#80739 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:18 pm
Here is a little macro that I wish I had thought of a couple decades ago. :lol: This will toggle between the display of dimension witness lines 1 & 2 ten times so if on the first click it doesn't look right, just click on your dimension again and it will toggle the reverse line on/off. When it's how you like, just right click out.

Code: Select all=^;^F0^S9^F9^F2^F4^S0^ª^F9^F9^F1^F5^S0^ª^F9^F9^F2^F4^S0^ª^F9^F9^F1^F5^S0^ª^F9^F9^F2^F4^S0^ª^F9^F9^F1^F5^S0^ª^F9^F9^F2^F4^S0^ª^F9^F9^F1^F5^S0^ª^F9^F9^F2^F4^S0^ª^F9^F9^F1^F5^S0^

I used to have individual buttons, one button for Line 1=ON / Line 2=OFF and another button for Line 1=OFF / Line 2=ON. I would use these to turn off individual witness lines to show overlapping linework and just leave the tick mark. Thing is, unless I had just created the dimension, I never really know which side of the dimension witness line 1 or 2 was on since it's determined by the direction the dimension was originally drawn. And unless I stare at the string of dimensions like a monkey doing algebra for a few seconds, I'm clueless. Hope it can help save others a few clicks in the decades to come. :D
#80754 by Roger D
Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:59 am
I'll have to give it a try.
How can one do a macro/alias that will turn on dimension suffix and change the suffix to "Alt-0146"?
#80755 by joshhuggins
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:53 pm
Roger D wrote:I'll have to give it a try.
How can one do a macro/alias that will turn on dimension suffix and change the suffix to "Alt-0146"?

What I had done before was in my base files, I had Prefix and Suffix turned on for dimensions which saves the step of toggling the dropdowns and the click apply and refresh of the dialog for each. That way they are always ready to edit. Only down side is it makes the text boundary box larger than they should be even if there is no pre/suffix set. And because we still do not have a way to display dimension text when moving it :? , it can be tricky to locate the dim text which is why I stopped using the pre-turned on method because I need to move dim text and fit it into tight spaces more than I need to turn on pre/suffix on dims.

I don't know of a way to insert a pre/suffix via a Datacad macro. If you have a programable keyboard or keypad that does it's own macros, you can do pretty much anything you want.
#80759 by Roger D
Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:48 am
What I have done in my default floor plan drawing, I turned on a suffix for my dimension on the dimension layer, entered the Alt-0146, then turned the suffix off.
The Alt-0146 stays with the dimension so I only have to turn the suffix on when I want it.
I'll do an Alt-I (match all) on that default dimension when I start work.
It's just I have not gone back and done that on all my other default files for elevations, and details.
#80766 by Joseph Baron
Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:17 pm
I've uploaded a DCAL macro that solves the plus or minus dimension toggle work arounds.

Put this DIMSUF.dcx file in your 'Toolbox' folder.

After opening DIMSUF, simply select the dimension to either add or remove the plus or minus suffix.

Enjoy!
Attachments
(188 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
#80768 by Roger D
Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:58 am
Will have to give it a try, added a command alias

Code: Select all[DS]
comment=Dimension Suffix
alias=^116#^Dimsuf^$