Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#81927 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:06 am
When working on two files at the same time, it has always seemed a bit cumbersome to switch between working windows and I found that I can open an older version of DataCAD at the same time on another screen. So I may have one CAD sheet open in v22 and my master plan on another screen in v21. Pretty cool. That still leaves me one screen to monitor the forum, or something important like FaceBook.
#81943 by Joseph Baron
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:31 pm
3 screen setups are nice!

If you need more than the standard CTRL+TAB to switch between full screen open files you could also 'stretch' the DataCAD window across two screens and use the Window > Tile Vertically (or Horizontally if stacked widescreen monitors).

MVTOTB's won't switch between files but if you use them and need larger views you can configure them to take up the entire monitor (see screenshot) to assist with drawing navigation.
Attachments
DataCAD MVTOTB.jpg
#81945 by Mark Bell
Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:12 pm
You can also set one or more of the MVW's to live updates allowing you to work in the main drawing window and see design changes of before / after changes in a MVW - either live or via a refresh.