Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#44684 by Dick Eades
Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:56 am
You could also use the Snipping Tool built into Windows.
#46621 by joshhuggins
Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:41 am
I've made a pretty decent work around for changing symbol attributes using our Alt+C code for change text so if we have our cursor over a symbol when we hit Alt+C it will snag the symbol and preform the Edit Symbol Attribute command. If there is no symbol present it continues on to the change text command. :mrgreen: Yea!
Code: Select all//Change Text Contents
C^170#^$^;^F0^S8^S2^F1^$^
#52450 by damian
Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:02 pm
Josh, I really like your suggestion for changing text using Alt+C code that, if I understand it, it should work with symbols too. But It works with text only. Any suggestions?
#52451 by joshhuggins
Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:14 pm
It only works with Symbols as a way to quick to edit Symbol Attributes (not Text/Mtext/Ptext inside a symbol). If your cursor is over a Symbol that contains symbol attributes when you use the code, it will invoke the Edit Symbol Attributes dialog (the same is the command found in the symbol browser options or when your Ctrl+Right click on a symbol, Symbol Tools, Edit Attributes. If there is no symbol with attributes, then it looks for Text/Mtext/PText in the drawing to change the contents of. Hope that makes sense. I get confused just trying to type this stuff sometimes :wink:
#52455 by damian
Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:26 am
Now I understand. You were very comprehensive. Thanks. For some time discovering the hidden functions of Datacad has become my favorite hobby.
#58424 by joshhuggins
Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:09 pm
I whipped up some new Datacad Start Logos. You can get them at my site here.
DC_Logo_Splash Green.jpg
DC_Logo_Splash Green.jpg (24.24 KiB) Viewed 39295 times

DC_Logo_Splash-Blue.jpg
DC_Logo_Splash-Blue.jpg (22.27 KiB) Viewed 39295 times
#58426 by joshhuggins
Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:19 pm
Naaaaa 8) Never liked the way that looked.
#77713 by ggogan
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:15 pm
Josh and others,
Geoff Gogan here.
I'm looking for some 2D exercise equipment- bike, row, walk /run treadmill etc.
Are there any clearing houses for symbols other than the web based dwgs?
I think I recall some offered through Cheap Tricks. I do have those CDs somewhere.
I was just reading about hatches and will look further into that too
Thanks -Geoff
#77715 by MtnArch
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:52 pm
Another cheap trick I've used is to search the SketchUp Warehouse for a 3D Skippy, then export it out as a 2D DWG file. Most of the time it works fine but there are some files that just don't translate well at all.
#80027 by artmanvt2000
Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:48 am
Sorry for the late response on the this one, but another way to use the 3D Warehouse is import the Sketchup model and run a 3D hide to convert it to a 2D line drawing. I have used it with varying success and a multitude of items.