Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#13265 by joshhuggins
Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:11 pm
O.K. scraps are all over the cutting room floor. The DBUG meeting videos are done. The bad news is the video quality is pretty poor. I talked with Neil and he said the video looked good when reviewed it for his meeting notes. I thought it might be the camcorder I was borrowing and tried a head cleaner on it but it played other hi-8 tapes fine. All I can think of is that the tape was exposed to something in the mail back process. You can see pretty much what is going on the screen, and follow along with the audio fairly well but I think if we ever do this again I'll have to find a special mailer for the tape. These are pretty much just broke up into sections of the presentations with a title added at the beginning. All videos are now unlocked. Also I recommend viewing at a resolution of 320x480 or lower. Full screen gets way too hard to see.

Mark's v.12 Previews
Clicks & Bloopers - Size: 16.7 MB / Duration: 5:09 mins

Symbols Enhancements - Size: 18.2 MB / Duration: 5:18 mins

Smart Walls! - Size: 105 MB / Duration: 37:29 mins

Smart Doors! - Size: 35.8 MB / Duration: 12:37 mins

New rotation Methods & Power Clips - Size: 27.7 MB / Duration: 8:20 mins

Boolean Operations - Size: 14.6 MB / Duration: 3:31 mins

Neil's MSP/Xref Presentation
Neil's MSP Presentation - Size: 62.2 MB / Duration: 25:50 mins

The second half of Neil's MSP/XREF presentaion was not recorded due to running out of film. I think it's quite mysterious that the tape was just long enough to get the MSP portion and opps, no time of Xrefs. Just kidding Neil :P A big thanks to you, Mark and the rest of the DBUGers for helping us outsiders get a glance into the wonderful life of a East Coast DBUG meeting.

If you liked the videos, maybe we could set something up with the DBUGers to host each meeting via the web. I also have to see how much traffic they get so my webhost doesn't freak out. Please let us know what you think. Video screen quality is on top of this wish list for sure :wink:
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
#13280 by David Porter
Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:38 am
What do I think? It was fabulous to get a visual glimpse into our next DCAD version. Also, pretty cool to actually hear the voices of those from whom we usually only get to see their typing. I vote for trying to continue these little clipits of the DBUG meetings and to even break them up, as you did, into the various topics of discussion. Makes for a nice lunchtime break to look at a clip or two.

I can live with the video quality if necessary. I was still able to grasp 95% of what was being shown. The only suggestion I might provide is that for the meetings that will get taped, a little more self restraint from the attendees. The talking over one another and when 3 or 4 people in the audience were all trying to talk at once in the background, made it tough to decipher what the presenter was saying. That was the only time it was difficult to try and pick up on what the presenter was trying to communicate to the film viewer. The file sizes were also not a problem. Started playing right after I clicked on the file name. It buffers nicely to allow the megabytes to get downloaded when they are needed to be shown rather than having to download all 100 MB of info before one can start seeing any footage. Keep up the great work. Very nice to see.
#13282 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:43 pm
Hello,

The video quality has to be a result of something that happened to the tape in the mail?! The original was not wonderful, but it certainly had no streaking...

I agree that we get to talking on top of each other; BOTOH this is the nature of DBUG meetings. :o This meeting in particular was quite energetic -- we went way past the intended 9:00pm conclusion time, and most of us stayed until after 11:00pm! This tape was from ~7:30pm to 9:30pm, so you missed all of Manny Snyderman's presentation, and the second half of mine, at least. We moved on to other topics and a lot of ideas were exchanged... :)
#13484 by joshhuggins
Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:55 pm
Here are two of my latest hatch patterns. They are also avalible at my site.
Image]Image
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#13766 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:19 pm
O.K. all, I'm a tired buckaroo. I've stayed up too late this week trying to get this "complete" by today (Friday) so our Datacad beta testers have something to do this weekend. So I'm just gonna say my Simpson Toolbar is "finished". See below from my website... it's actualy in the symbols area. I didn't feel like changing a bunch of code to change the website location yet. Click the toolbar to go to the toolbar page.
View Simpson Toolbar Map

What is this toolbar?
This is a toolbar (and symbols) that catalogs the entire Simpson Strong Tie Wood Construction Connector product line. I hope that it will grow in content and added features as time goes on.

I'll be posting more how-to info on my website soon to show how I use it to make things a little faster. You kids have fun.
I'm going Image
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#13856 by joshhuggins
Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:42 am
A few parts of Digital Downloads will are down for maintenance. Should be 100% in a day or two. Most of the site is still functioning.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#13931 by joshhuggins
Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:44 pm
I've added a script to the Digital Download board registration to block spammers (I HATE SPAMMERS). If anyone has any issues please let me know. Thx.
#14429 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:58 pm
I'll probably be removing the DBUG video files from my site this week as they are not getting any traffic. I can send copies to individuals later if someone really wants one. I'll probably hold on to them until v.12 is released. So if you want some grainy Datacad Alpha goodness, download the videos before Sun. Thx.
#15670 by joshhuggins
Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:54 pm
I have taken the Datacad PDF manual and moved the Table of Contents to the bottom of the document so the page PDF numbers correspond to the documents page numbers. When you open the file it automatically jumps to the table of contents at it's new location on page 713. The hyperlinks in the table of contents are still intact.

You can download it here.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#15713 by Dick Eades
Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:58 am
I assume at some point you do actual work, and you have a life.
#15735 by Graeme
Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:51 pm
I dont think so. I think Josh is just a forum bot.
He cant have a job, I dont buy it
#15737 by Dick Eades
Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:54 pm
Yep, he's a bot alright.
#15757 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:03 pm
Domo arigato. I think :?: