Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#7468 by joshhuggins
Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:50 pm
This is just a little notice to an individual who was looking for my hatch patterns. The hatch section of the site is now up. The rest of the site should be loaded in the next week.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Thu May 11, 2006 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#10879 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:52 pm
I finally unlocked the registered user accouts on my website. So if you have a tip, trick or file you want to share, you can register and help others too! Watch for more free hatch patterns soon.

Click the Image button below my post to visit the site.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#11230 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:57 pm
We had some naughty registered user issues last week, which I had to remove all accounts previously created. The forum has been updated to require my approval for new accounts. The forums are now open for registered users who want to share. Sorry for any issues and thanks to those who helped out.
#11481 by joshhuggins
Thu May 11, 2006 5:27 pm
Your welcome Neil :D

Also:
:arrow: The application area is reloaded.
:arrow: I have added a new area in the Hatch Patterns board for my new hatch pattern creations. There are 4 new patterns there as well as one that was in the original bunch. More to come.
:arrow: I added a paypal donations button in the footer of the forum.
:arrow: The backup system should be working now, so hopefully we won't have a a reload issue again.Image

Hopefully now I can get back to adding the goodies.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#11769 by artmanvt2000
Tue May 23, 2006 11:32 am
Josh,
Your own hatch patterns are very creative and awesome. I have couple of patterns that I have created over the years and would love to share them. Just let me know if that is something you would be interrested in.
#11771 by joshhuggins
Tue May 23, 2006 11:46 am
Absolutely, I encourage others to share too :!: Anyone can email submissions to josh@joshhuggins.com and I'll get them posted ASAP. Thanks for the positive feedback, and glad you like them :D
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#12497 by joshhuggins
Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:10 am
I recieved this email:
Josh,

I notice you have converted several of the older StoneCAD patterns to
v11 of DataCAD and offer them for download from your site. Would you be so kind as to remove these patterns from your site since they are Copyrighted content owned by my client Owens Corning. We've just released a new version of StoneCAD (version 5) within the past month. This version includes updated pattern files - some new some revised, but all should be DataCAD compatible at this time. We'd appreciate if you could point users from your site to http:// www.culturedstone.com/stonecad in lieu of offering the modified patterns.

Thanks for your understanding. Please don't hesitate to contact me should you have any questions or concerns.

Bob

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
robert staehle
architect
StoneCAD® + FirePlace Design Solutions®
implementation and tech support
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To which I replyed:
Well it's about time you guys offer something for Datacad. I'll remove the patterns from my site in the next day or so. I have been meaning to replace them with Eldorado Stone versions anyway. FYI, your stone cad download registration doesn't seem to be working.

Sooooo, it's going to take me a few days to clean up this mess, and it's a good time to implement a change in the hatch page I haven't got around to. So the old StoneCAD hatch patterns on my site will be gone very soon! So this sounds like a challenge to come up with some patterns that will blow the doors of theirs, right? I am finishing up my Simpson toolbar, and then I'll be working on some replacement hatch patterns. (I did get Simpson's approval for that by the way.)
Last edited by joshhuggins on Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
#12500 by joshhuggins
Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:33 am
Yeah, HatchKit is what I used to make the few latest patterns. It's a bit cumbersome, but it can get the job done most of the time with the help of the AcadPat2DcadPat.exe converter. I made the slate roof tile using a Ahatch I believe.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
#12645 by Dick Eades
Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:34 pm
I have installed the StoneCAD 5 program and it works to generate hatch patterns for DCAD but, for some reason, even though it reads the path correctly it won't write the .dhp. I had to use the manual approach and move the .dhp files to the proper folder.

However, the patterns are mostly too complex for use below 1/4". For my commercial projects I need to generate my elevations at 1/8" or sometimes even less and the patterns get muddy. I would like to be able to generate a simpler pattern using the generated hatch pattern as a guide. I can't see trying to edit the .dhp file with 70 - 600 or more segments. I suppose this is where HatchKit will have to come in, but are we getting into hot water using the other pattern as a guide since it's too complex?
#12703 by joshhuggins
Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:26 am
The patterns in question have been removed from my website. Sorry guys :cry: I will be making a some new toolbars for the new patterns soon. "That's all folks!"
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#13038 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:30 pm
You can get some new toolbar codes for some common field related search engines at my website. I would appreciate some other suggestions for related search engines you think would be good to have. Thanks to Devinder for the default browser code.

Image You will need the updated Icon Pack also.

There is also a Toolbar Guide that I made for a San Joaquin Valley Datacad Users meeting that hasn't happened yet. :wink:
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#13041 by MtnArch
Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:47 pm
Well, since it appears that the beta for V12 may be coming sometime in the next month(s) maybe it's time to get your handout ready for a SJVDUG meeting, Josh!

Thanks for the link to it on your website!