Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#9583 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:08 pm
Greetings,

There are lots of "unintended" uses for some linetypes; like using the Hedge1 linetype at 1" spacing to show the fireproof coating on a steel beam in a section detail.

I'm sure that there are lots of other examples...care to add to the list?

artmanvt2000 wrote:I use the "treeline" linetype for creating revision clouds.

I use the Clouds.DCX macro for these, and it is easier to get the bulges the way I want them.
Last edited by Neil Blanchard on Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#9585 by artmanvt2000
Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:36 pm
I use the "treeline" linetype for creating revision clouds. I have also used the "box" linetype, on for plans, to help locate the location of chairrail in a room. I use the "DShngl (L&R)" for siding and asphalt shingles. The RndmLite works great for indicating closets rods. "Wiggle" is great for grade lines. "Zizzag" at a large spacing is excellant for indicating an operable door/partion. Those have been some things I have done with much success.
#9586 by Greg Blandin
Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:19 pm
Wiggle and Hedge make great rock-faced CMU
#9590 by artmanvt2000
Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:58 am
I have also used the wiggle line to indicate the cut face brick and cmu, in details.
#9622 by Dick Eades
Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:34 am
I use the Box linetype to show walking pads on roof plans for equipment maintenance access. it takes a little fiddling due to the condition at the ends.
#12726 by mar1960
Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:21 pm
I like using the wiggle line for the Stucco layer.
1" out from the newplywood.
#12767 by David Porter
Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:30 pm
I add to that by using the zigzag line to show the metal lath layer. Image