Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#9756 by Philip Hart
Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:08 am
Thank you to "the gang over at Datacad."
#9757 by Roger D
Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:20 am
Did you see the additonal page added.
We now have an up to date listing of all the features / settings that are available in the DcadWin.ini file.
Such quick response when I only asked yesterday.

Subject: RE: DBUG> DcadWin.ini Listing
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 19:30:53 -0500

You can access a preliminary draft of the forthcoming "DCADWIN.INI
Undocumented" page at the following URL:

http://www.datacad.com/ddn/dcadwin.ini.htm

Thank You,

MFM
#9758 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:31 am
Yea Mark! I guess I can now dump My page, maybe. I can read mine a little better, but it's not done being converted from my old page yet.
#9759 by Heinrich
Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:35 pm
PurgeDrawingOnExit=1
; If 1 (TRUE), DataCAD drawings are automatically purged of unused
; data when you exit and save your file.

Just curious.
What is this 'unused data' that is puged with this?

-Redd
#9760 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:48 pm
If you go to the [Purge] section of the dcadwin.ini file, these settings are found.

[Purge]
LineTypes(Manual)=TRUE
Symbols(Manual)=TRUE
Layers(Manual)=FALSE
HatchPatterns(Manual)=TRUE
LineTypes(Automatic)=TRUE
Symbols(Automatic)=TRUE
Layers(Automatic)=FALSE
HatchPatterns(Automatic)=TRUE

If you have
[General]
PurgeDrawingOnExit=1
in the general section set, Datacad will look to the purge section of the ini, and will purge the drawings of un-used Linetypes, Symbols, Layers & Hatch Pattens. Say you create a hatch polyline using one pattern, but then change it to a different pattern, Datacad keeps the first pattern stored in the file until it's purged. I have my Automatic values set to purge everything but layers. This helps keep the drawings from getting large file sizes and I'd imagine speed things up a bit. If the value is set to =0 then all those un-used entities and data stay with the file.

The Manual settings are for when you use the Purge Command from the File menu in Datacad. These are real good ones to have turned on.
#9762 by Heinrich
Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:23 pm
Thanks Josh, that seems pretty handy.

On a lighter note, this:
LabelFileEditor=TRUE
; If TRUE, menu option for label file editor is displayed.

is going to make for a very interesting April Fools Day this year. :twisted:

-Redd
#9764 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:56 pm
Yeah, that's always a classic!
#9766 by Tony Blasio
Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:51 pm
Can I assume that we can add the clarifications into the INI file like they are shown on the INI explanation page. Just start each line with an ";" or is this just for the web-page?
#9768 by Neil Blanchard
Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:27 am
Greetings,

What is this 'unused data' that is puged with this?

It is any entities that you may have created, but then erased, or symbols that you inserted, but then erased all instances of -- things like that. I used to think of it kinda' like the "chaulk dust" of the drawing session.

Can I assume that we can add the clarifications into the INI file like they are shown on the INI explanation page. Just start each line with an ";" or is this just for the web-page?

Yes, the semicolon means the program skips it -- that it is a comment line for us humans. :)