Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#11890 by Graeme
Wed May 31, 2006 11:26 am
I was wondering on the way into the office this morning what macros other people use. There are a few that I use myself, I was wondering if there are any others out there that I dont use that I probally should be.

There are alot of macros I have that I have no idea what they do... :?:

Hope everyone is doing well.....
#11904 by Neil Blanchard
Wed May 31, 2006 2:49 pm
Hello Graeme,

Steel Pro is at the top of my list.

Clouds is right up near the top, too.

3D Line Convert, AEC Modeler, Gridlock, parts of DC Sprint (Move to Layer and Capitalize), Blocker, Line 2 Wall, and Normals -- pretty much the rest of the list of macros I have used in the last month or so...
#11906 by joshhuggins
Wed May 31, 2006 3:12 pm
Substitute Text, Generate Offset, 3D Stairs, 3D Tools, 3D Line Convert, Clip It, Gridlock (as apart of a toolbar icon macro), Wavy, few others once in a while. Some of the names may be different here than there release name. I renamed them so they make since to me :?
#12156 by Bev
Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:54 am
I've been using SteelPro, Annotate, Clouds5, DCAD_AEC (for multiple mullion windows), I recently started using undrline and now the latest PSymColors.dmx (though I don't like that I have to pick each symbol one at a time & change each color within each symbol, one at a time) I don't see Substitute Text in my list - it sounds like one I'd like, tell me more.
Bev
#12176 by Nick Pyner
Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:36 am
dh Shadow - the basis for a career
#12244 by Sinha
Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:19 pm
Where can I get cloud macro. Hopefully it is already in D12
#12245 by joshhuggins
Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:41 pm
Sinha wrote:Where can I get cloud macro. Hopefully it is already in D12
FWIW, I just use the treeeline line type and draw around my clouded areas. I think that linetype is included with Datacad.
#12246 by Graeme
Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:59 pm
Yeah it sure is. That is the same way I create clouds.
#12249 by Paul Nida
Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:29 pm
So do I, but I usually use polylines to draw around my revisions to keep it as one entity and make it easy to edit, move, copy etc.