Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#12234 by mikesmith
Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:59 pm
Forum members:

I am happy to be able to finally announce that the AEC CAD Exchange web site is finally "live".

http://www.aeccadexchange.com

Although the site is not fully polished, it is fully functional. There are currently no limits on uploads and downloads. In the future uploads and downloads will operate per the "Instructions and Rules" page, but for now there are no limits. The site is completely free. You only have to register, and your registration information goes no further than the AEC CAD Exchange.

Besides "Cheap Tricks" there have been a couple of parties interested in magazine coverage of the site, but due to its previously being unfinished, and the fact that there was not much traffic on the site, they passed on the opportunity at the time. So I would like to beg and plead for anyone who would like to see the site become a positive resource, to upload a detail or two.

The conundrum is that nobody wants to cover the site unitl it looks active, but it's difficult to build activity without some coverage. So I'm hoping the Forum members here would do me the very great favor of helping generate some interest by helping the detail pool reach a critical mass. What that mass might be I don't know, but there are 21 details on the site now, and I would love to see 50 or even 75 in the near future. A year from now I hope there are will be a couple of hundred or more available for all of you to use for your own projects.

The "Instructions and Rules" page on the web site should be your first stop if you are new to the site and the process. Uploading is a 2-step process: upload the detail and text descriptions, then upload a screen shot of your detail as a "thumbnail" image. The instructions are on the "Instructions and Rules" page.

If you forget to upload a thumbnail image during the upload process, or are not prepared to do it at that moment, you can add the thumbnail LATER. Just go to the Download Details page, click on your detail, click on the ZIP file icon (as if you were going to download your own detail). Now you will see an option to Update Thumbnail. Click on it and follow the instructions. You will only see these options if YOU were the one that originally uploaded THAT detail.

If you dowload details from the site and you find them useful or not, you can go back and rate each detail via a 5-star system.

Thank you,
Michael Smith
AEC CAD Exchange
info@aeccadexchange.com
Signature Architects, Inc.
www.signaturearchitects.com