Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#1611 by Rocket468
Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:53 pm
We have aprox 10,000 houseplans and with the switch from blueline machine to a planpaper we lost the ablitly for people to flip thru the veliums. We also started to run out of room.

This file takes the output of printer driver that can write to disk. Tif, Plt, jpg, etc. You can specify. Copys each page and renames it to another location and then deletes whats in the Source dir for the next person to print. I have it going to an "user" folder to give eveyone there own place to store files. Then Each user folder has a link to the Folder where all files are stored for eveyone else to have access too. We have a View for this folder "not included yet" that clients can use to search thru all our plans to look at. When the plan is ordered we just copy the file to the raster folder on the printer.

I typed out a long explansion on how this worked and I hit preview and site was down and I lost it. I will retype if anyone might use this.
to test this .bat create 3 test folders and change the links in the batch file and see how the buttons work.

rename as .bat
http://www.okgpc.com/hosting/Plot%20Management.txt