Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#32572 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:54 am
Hello,

In 12.05 I have found a Cheap Trick to get a symbol to appear outside a Clip Cube -- basically to get it to ignore the CC, like text:

Here you can see the Clip Cube on the plan, the MText that is set to ignore the CC -- and on the lower right, the symbol (with text attributes, near the cursor) that has it's own SClip around it, that lets it appear outside the CC. :D
#32575 by Paul Nida
Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:38 am
This is the way clip cubes have worked since we got xclips. Only one clip cube will work on an entity at at time. So if an xref or symbol has its own clip cube, xclip or sclip, then the 3d clip cube in the drawing will not affect it. This can be a plus or a minus, last week one of the people in my office came to me asking me if there was a way to keep this from happening with xclips and my response was to move all of the xrefs to their own layer or layers and turn them off.