Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#2769 by REX PEET
Fri May 20, 2005 6:13 pm
I have trouble from time to time with the contour search option to define a hatch boundary. "contour is not closed". This is especially so if the boundary contains 2D curves (or fillets). I have found that tracing the boundary and placing a closed polyline on a separate layer solves the problem. I know this is similar to using the boundary option, but using a permanant closed polyline allows the boundary and the hatch pattern to be edited easily.

I hope this helps someone with unclosed contours
#2815 by artmanvt2000
Tue May 24, 2005 7:13 am
First of have you made sure that you trimmed all lines. If there is any gap, no mattter how small, the lines will not close. As for creating a polyline for editing purposes, if you turn off the hatch pattern display all hatches will appear as polylines. Making them easy to edit, even easier if you use the polyline macro. I hope this helps.
#2819 by joshhuggins
Tue May 24, 2005 10:16 am
There are a issues still with the contour search not recognizing polyline curves and a few other little glitches. Even if you create a closed polyline, in some cases (quite a few actually), the countour search will still not work when certin edits have been done to the polylines. The gays & gals at Datacad have it on their list.