Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#40892 by Henrique S. Badalotti
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:57 pm
Hello,

I was exploring the 3D Stairs macro resources, for circular shape, when sparked the idea to try it for creating circular ramps. In my tests I've discovered that this is quite possible, using three ways, the Handrails, the Stringers, or regularly for the Treads.
With Handrails or Stringers we're limited to create the ramp only, while in the third method (usinf Treads) we can create side protection (hand railing and balusters).

I'd like to share with you the discovery. Hope to happy when trying to explain. Please enjoy.

I'm using the "Meter" as the scale type (~40 inches) and anyone can translate it easily (I hope so.)

Circular Ramp:
Height: 2,80 meters.
Wide: 4,00 meters.
Curve Radius: 18,00 meters.
Inclinação: 10% - rampa para pedestres.

Routine:

Enter on macro 3D Stairs
On vertical menu activate F6 Curved
At follow enter on F8 – Settings - to determine values to be adjuste on stair – a future ramp

Image with Stairs data

Image of our stair, after it's built:

Now, let's transform it on a ramp.

1 - Put the viewer on Isometric view.
2 - Enter on Edit menu.
3 - Click F5 - Stretch
4 - Activate S6 - 3D Cursor.

5 - We are going to strech from point 1 to point 2 as in the image below.
Note: You can verify the distance once, for stretching, because the distance to stretch is always the same for every tread, from bottom to top. Indeed, what we are going to do is to force the Riser height to zero.

6 – At follow, activate F1 – Point and click sequentially all points to stretch, as indicated the image below.

It's ready our Ramp:

See some images that do exemplify:

Hope to be understood in all steps. Now it's up to you, for "stretching" your creativity!

Regards,
Henrique
Last edited by Henrique S. Badalotti on Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
#40916 by k-ep_studio
Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:08 am
Wow! Very impressive. Thank you! :)