Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#43626 by MtnArch
Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:42 pm
This was a new one for me - and I've been actively using Acad since 1988 and Dcad since 1995! Bear with me while I set up the scenario to get to the 'Cheap Trick' at the end!

I imported an Acad detail that a good friend of mine gave me of felt/building wrap flashing around doors and windows. The detail showed the ends of the flashing "curling up" (like a scroll) and was created with arcs.

After importing the detail, deleting Acad's hatching and re-hatching with Dcad's MUCH superior hatching and moving things to my standard layers, I re-scaled the detail to a simple 1:1 - and found that the arcs at the scroll ends had disappeared!

After CTRL-Right Click'g one of them that I could see a bit of, it showed up as an arc (natch) but with a hatch! Changing the properties to show the outline, changing the hatch scale, turning on SPB and everything else I could think of showed the arc with only a portion of it hatched. :evil:

What I wound up doing is doing a Del Assoc in the Hatching menu on the little nasties and - lo and behold! - they showed up correctly! Phew!!! :D

SO ... the cheap trick is to check if an arc that isn't showing up has a hatch assigned to it, and delete the association to it.