Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#75361 by blueislandbike
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:14 pm
When I export a DWG with On Layers the XREF's are not showing up when my consultants open them in AutoCAD. Compatibility Mode is on. Is there another setting that needs to be turned on. Running 20.02.03.05 (SE).
#75362 by MtnArch
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:26 pm
This may be a little basic to you, but in the Export dialog box under XREFs, make sure that "Ignore" is not checked; if "Export" is checked the Acad user will have to re-set the paths to where they have your Xrefs saved to; if "Bind" is checked the Xref will come in as a symbol only. You may also want to check with the consultants that they have not frozen or turned off the layer that contains the Xrefs. I'm assuming that they have also performed a "Zoom All" as whenever I open an export in Acad or BricsCAD it's always zoomed WAY in and usually doesn't show anything.

Hope this helps! You could also send me an example and I can see what may be happening. PM me if you want to send me something to play with.
#75379 by MtnArch
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:16 am
Check your PM Jeff - I sent you a file.

For others, it appears that what is happening is that you need to turn ON the layers within the self xref, then make sure you BIND them when you export. You also need to make sure that if you are using different layers WITHIN any symbol you must turn those layers ON as well. Once you open up the DWG file there will still be some cleanup - but at least everything shows up.