Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#80087 by James Walter Schildroth
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:02 am
I want to make a 24 x36 size sheet copy to send to a printing service. I only have a 8 1/2 x 11 size print connected to my laptop. When I go to print the only sizes available are for that printer. I want to send a PDF to a printing service. How can I do this? Please reply by e-mail james@schildrotharchitect.com Thanks, James
#80089 by MtnArch
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:57 pm
Either edit the PDF writer you have (Adobe, PDFill, CutePDF, etc.) to add a custom 24x36 sheet, or install a plotter driver (such as a Canon iPF785 or an HP DesignJet) even though you don't have the plotter. All you really need is the definition of the plotted paper size. If you install a plotter driver you will likely also gain other sizes (18x24, 30x42, etc.).
#80090 by Roger D
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:43 pm
I use the free version of bullzip, it can print to a variety of file types
BMP, JPEG, PCX, PDF, PNG, and TIFF

PDF-Exchange is also a good one, it has editing tools also
and or
PDF Fill which also has tools to split, reorder, merge pdf files.
#80095 by MtnArch
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:21 am
Just for grins 'n giggles, I downloaded the plotter driver for an HP T650 large format printer (https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/se ... s/38030054) though you could do it with a Canon plotter, Epson plotter, etc. Followed the prompts and when it said it couldn't find the plotter there was an option to pick "To File", and I selected the T650 36".

I was given the opportunity to pick the "Easy" installation or "Custom" - I chose Custom so there's less HP bloatware for me to remove after the installation (I have a Canon iPF plotter and don't need the HP .. just following it through for this example). The software finished installing & I checked to make sure it was installed under Windoze Printers (yup .. it shows up).

I fired up DC V22, opened a file, and then told it to print. Selected the T650 and set it to an Arch D size, and was able to save out the PDF at 24x36.

Hope this helps!
#80223 by MtnArch
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:46 pm
Did any of our work-arounds help, James?
#80325 by MtnArch
Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:46 am
Well .. darn it! There has to be a way to trick your computer into it.

Did you try Roger's tip for BullZip (or any of the other PDF writers available?
#80326 by James Walter Schildroth
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:11 am
I am sure there is a way to install an HP 500 DesignJet printer driver. I just don't have the skills to do it. I need a step by step instruction. I have tried but failed to do this. All I have now is 8 1/2 x 11 sizes that show up when I go to print and select the printer.
#80328 by MtnArch
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:28 am
I posted an abbreviated way to install a driver for an HP T650 a couple of posts above. Is there a part of it that you're having a problem with? If so I'll see if I can expand that area to help you get it installed.
#80330 by dhs
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:09 pm
I would really suggest you try installing the Bullzip printer that Roger previously suggested (from bullzip.com).
I downloaded and installed it a while ago after seeing it suggested on this forum and had no trouble downloading or installing it. It offers a plethora of sizes including ARCHD (which has an effective printing area of 24x36).
#80331 by MtnArch
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:51 pm
David's suggestion may be the best for you if you're not sure how to install the plotter driver. It should be easy to install and use. Since I haven't installed it or used it, I'll have to let Roger and David let you know if it comes pre-configured with a 24x36 sheet or if you will have to custom-configure the paper size.
#80335 by James Walter Schildroth
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:53 am
I got it to worked. I figured out how to down load the Billzip printer driver. Several tries by me to do what must be basic you others.

Thank you so much for all your help. James Schildroth old architect in Maine.

I would really suggest you try installing the Bullzip printer that Roger
previously suggested (from bullzip.com [ https://www.bullzip.com ]).
I downloaded and installed it a while ago after seeing it suggested on
this forum and had no trouble downloading or installing it. It offers a
plethora of sizes including ARCHD (which has an effective printing area of
24x36).
#80337 by MtnArch
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:46 pm
Glad you got it to work, James!