Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#80373 by jvberryjr
Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:42 pm
Really odd ....

I am running DCAD 19 and all of sudden when on my Symbol Browser, I click on the "folder" icon in the upper left hand corner, click on "folder" in drop down menu and it freezes up and my curser is stuck as an "arrow" until I press the "esc" key and then I can work again on other tasks but not the symbol browser.

Any suggestions would me greatly appreciated - thanks!
#80374 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:36 pm
This is probably because the Browse dialog box is opening up "underneath" other things; or possibly off screen. Did you have dual monitors before, and are now using one?

There is a way to reset the location and size of the Browse dialog - it involves editing a GUI file to remove the previous settings, and then it will open in the default location. Sorry, but I don't have the specific file name - you may hear from someone else, or be able to do a search of this forum, because this has happened to others in the past.

Edit: here's an active thread with this same question: https://www.datacad.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=17319