Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#80483 by jvberryjr
Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:03 pm
Can someone please guide me as to how to recover a drawing?

When I try to open up a file it says, "Current drawing was not closed properly. DataCAD will now recover the most recent version of this file."

When I click OK it just site there, scrolling.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
#80487 by MtnArch
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:06 pm
Have you tried "File\Repair" from the main DC 19 menu (before you open the file)?

If you have a subscription you can email it to DataCAD LLC for them to help recover it; if you don't you may need to pay DC LLC to recover it.

Good luck! Corrupt files are the worst!
#80496 by Mark Bell
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:44 pm
Something else you might want to try is to open a File Explorer Window where your DC19 is installed - C:\datacad19?

Look in the Temporary Files folder and there should be $wp file(s). List by date order and copy the most recent file,

Now go to your working project folder, and edit/paste the $wp into it, then rename it, say add a 1 at the end of the file name and change the $wp to AEC

Open DataCAD and pick the file to load. Assuming there might be corrupted entities in the drawing you can also keep pressing the Delete and End keys on your keyboard as the file loads which suppresses the loading of layers and entities to skip to the next layer.

If you do manage to successfully open the file, do a File/Purge drawing and create a new 'clean' drawing and work from that. If there are xrefs etc. you'll need to rebuild the path names given the new file name was altered.

If the above doesn't work also look in the Recover_Archive folder as there may be some earlier session files available to recover.