Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#81687 by 2mackids
Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:58 am
Good morning!
I have an instance of multi-line text which has been imported from a .dxf file (original m-line text was in AutoCAD), and each line of text sits nearly directly above the other. Is there a way to increase the space between the lines w/out exploding the m-line into single lines?
#81688 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:45 am
Yes, if you double click on the MText, it should bring up the MText Properties and then you can adjust the Factor (Line Spacing / Factor).
#81692 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:22 am
For TTF fonts (which M-Text requires?) you need to use the line factor of about 1.5 to get a reasonable space between the lines of text.

For ParaText you can use SHX fonts, and then a line factor of 1.0 works, because the way the fonts are defined, they have the space "built in". I.E. the font is actually 75% of the size/height you set.
#81693 by joshhuggins
Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:35 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:For TTF fonts (which M-Text requires?)
Nope, you can use SHX fonts with MText, that's what we use mostly. You can mix in TTF's if you want, which I do sometimes for adding in special characters that the SHX font's might be missing. The TTF version of the SHX fonts is primarily used for the display in the MText window, but it can be used for plain Text as well.[/quote]