Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70440 by greenbergman
Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:27 pm
This is an old problem - that my X and Y axes have gotten reversed - that keeps recurring. I know I’ve asked, and had answered, this problem before, but now that answer either doesn't work or isn't the answer:

Probably tangents is on. I think the command to turn it off is Geometry/Tangents/F3.

But there is no F3 in Tangents. Maybe a change in v19?

And I also don't know how I keep doing this...

Thanks,

David
#70441 by joshhuggins
Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:21 pm
If there is no F3 Cancel, then you do not have a Tangent adjustment set. You probably need to go to F0 Settings, F3 Angle Type, S1 Start Angle and click and drag in the direction you normally have North set to and click again. Usually you want to drag to the right or up.
#70443 by greenbergman
Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:36 pm
joshhuggins wrote:If there is no F3 Cancel, then you do not have a Tangent adjustment set. You probably need to go to F0 Settings, F3 Angle Type, S1 Start Angle and click and drag in the direction you normally have North set to and click again. Usually you want to drag to the right or up.

Thanks Josh. I'd tried this, drawing lines both up and to the right, but they had no effect. And the "compass" button doesn't seem to have any effect either.

Another factor: this is happening only in this file.
#70445 by greenbergman
Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:00 pm
Posting more to my own post:

Fixed it, sort of. At David Sargert’s wise suggestion, I exported the layers I need (fortunately only two at the moment) to a new base file.

But I’d still like to know what I did and how to fix it – cause you know it will happen again!

David