Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70508 by greenbergman
Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:33 pm
Here's a minor question. In v19, the Print Preview window size is much smaller. Or at least it is on my setup. It's only a minor annoyance (though amplified when having to do it frequently) to drag the corner to enlarge the window, but is this a setting change with the new version and is there a way to revert/change it?
#70510 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:26 pm
The previous settings for the Print Preview Dialog are stored in C:\DataCAD XX\Support Files\DCADWINDIALOGS.gui. If you open this file with a text editor like Notepad, you should find the following somewhere in the file.

Code: Select all[PrintPreviewForm]
Maximized=0
Left=298
Top=137
Width=897
Height=756

AFAIK, we have not made any changes to DataCAD that would affect this.
#70511 by greenbergman
Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:51 pm
Thanks Mark. When I opened gui file the Width was set to 803 and the Height 540. But here's the weird(er) part: I changed it to your settings in Wordpad and saved it. Then reopened DataCad and tested it with a file I'd been working on, but the Preview window was the same size. So I went back into the gui file and found that the settings had reverted back to what I started with. I tried this several times (with DataCad closed each time) in both Notepad and Wordpad, verifying - by reopening the gui file - that the change was saved. Each time, after I reopened DataCad, it had reverted to that original size.

Befuddled. What am I doing wrong here?
#70513 by greenbergman
Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:35 am
Hi Neil,

It's in the default location, C:\Datacad 19

But to belatedly answer your previous question, I'd thought you were asking whether it stays expanded/stretched after I pull the corner, which it doesn't do. But I didn't realize you were asking about maximizing it. It DOES indeed stay that way. (Cue Homer SImpson "D'oh.") So it does what i need without playing with the gui file.

David