Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70630 by DBrennfoerder
Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:40 pm
Monitors.JPG
Monitors in action
I don't know how the software handles all the stuff. I am now using 2 additional monitors with my laptop. I have a 32" tv and a 27" monitor with my 17.3" laptop. All three are 1920x1080 resolution.
In the past with v18, my "GoTo" views were mismatched to what I actually saw on the appropriate screen, so I had to move the target area off center so that the multi-view image actually showed a relevant hint as to the contents of that view.
Now with v19, I have the DataCAD working window on one monitor, menus on another, and Excel, Work, email or whatever (ok, FaceBook) on the third. When I create a new goto view of the working window, the stored image accurately shows what is actually on that monitor.
Nice going, gurus.
#70631 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:29 pm
Nice! What flavor of Windows are you running? Do you have your display dialog set up to mimic the monitors relative physical arrangement? Mine looks like this:
Display Dialog.png

You can drag the monitor icons around in the dialog. That way your mouse cursor "jumps" from one to another in the way they are "connected" in space.
#70632 by DBrennfoerder
Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:37 pm
Right, Neil, the layout is exactly as they are in visual space, so the cursor movement is very natural. Before I got a handle on that, it was very difficult in client meetings when my arrangement was side by side, but laptop to projector was vertical. Lots of confusion in front of clients. Fixed that one right away!

I'm on w10 and DataCAD v19.