Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70640 by Twizzle
Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:32 pm
HI Guys,

A bit of a novice but my problem is that when I draw over the top of an xref it sometimes prints my drawings first then the xref over the top, which looks bad as the xref is fairly faint and my bold drawings (which are air conditioning layouts) look like they have gaps in the bolded lines, or ductwork.

I need my drawing to be overlayed over the top of the xref. Its not consistent, it changes dependent on layers.

Any help would be much appreciated. Dont forget I am a novice so simple instruction for a simple person is appreciated.
Cheers
#70642 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:41 am
If the XRef is all vectors, then this is probably a Pen Table issue: you need to set it up so the lightest plot color is Pen #1, and the next lightest is Pen #2, etc. This will correct merge then so the darker lines overlay the lighter ones on the plot.
#70653 by Twizzle
Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:19 pm
Thanks Neil I'll give it a try, however I've never had this issue till I loaded DC19 and DC 19 imports a lot of your old settings when it is installed.

That said I never had this issue with DC18 and I have never had to do this previously. I'll let you know if its successful in case others have similar issues.

Cheers
#70654 by joshhuggins
Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:28 pm
If you do use the Pen Table to determine your ordering (vs. layer order and layer positions, or WYSIWYG), check to see if Pen Sort is turned on in the Print Settings menu.
#70664 by Twizzle
Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:40 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:If the XRef is all vectors, then this is probably a Pen Table issue: you need to set it up so the lightest plot color is Pen #1, and the next lightest is Pen #2, etc. This will correct merge then so the darker lines overlay the lighter ones on the plot.

Tried this, didn't work. It actually had the opposite affect, lightest printed last.
#70666 by MtnArch
Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:09 pm
As noted by Josh and Neil this will be related to your printing/pen table settings - whether by "PenSort" or "WYSIWYG" in the menu. Check your pen settings against your layer order - that's going to be where you'll find what works for your settings.