Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70849 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:59 pm
If I create a ParaText entity, I need to then align the right edge of the text with the text above it. If there is a Margin setting other than 0, the newly created text "moves" after I finish typing, and place the text.

The odd thing is, we cannot snap to the edge of the margin, but text is placed by the edge of the margin. Does this make sense?

I think the Margin setting is only ever needed when the edge is shown on the screen, and having to set the width of an invisible margin makes no sense. So, until the margin is turned on, the width value should be ignored, in my opinion.
#70850 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:35 pm
The margins allows you to snap the boundary to other entities and keeps the text from bleeding over on them.
#70852 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:31 am
Okay, I usually use my eyes for that. :)

My point goes to Alt-I on an existing text, which sets the Margin, and then when you align things by snapping to the edge of the text (which is the only thing you can see and snap to) - the new text is not aligned.

The work around is to use Justify, I suppose, but I wish there was a way to enter text aligned to other text - in on step, and not have to fix it with an additional step.