Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70874 by loisw
Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:39 pm
I am trying to draw doors. I click on the door icon, toggle "One Layer", toggle the layer I want to cut. It tells me I am currently searching the layer I toggled. I draw the hinge side of the door, the strike side of the door, indicate the direction of swing. Nothing happens, and it notes that "No walls were found to cut". What am I doing wrong?
#70885 by Roger D
Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:17 am
If you are using smart walls/doors, make sure you z base/heights are set so the door will fit in the wall.
#70886 by loisw
Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:58 pm
Thanks, that explains it. And it works!

But can you give me some information on Start Walls? I can't seem to find anything about it in the Manual.
#75750 by Lars
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:30 pm
Has anyone had an issue with door leaf and swing not showing up when placing 2d doors in a 2d wall? The jamb is placed and the wall is cut, but now leaf or swing is created.

Thanks!
#75754 by ORWoody
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:16 pm
See if you can go close to the jamb and identify anything. If the leaf or swing arc is there, but not visible, it may be in a color that is very close to your background color. There is also the possibility that you have the linetype that is next to Solid active. That linetype is Dotted. If you touched the Q key by accident when reaching for the Tab key, it would change the active linetype from Solid to Dotted. If your line spacing is just right, say 3', then there would only be dots at the ends of a three foot wide entry door.
When one is new to any program, there are always slightly abnormal ways to do things that surprise everyone. We've all done them, but each of us finds our own special little glitches.
Good luck,
Woody
#75757 by Roger D
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:26 am
are you clicking yes to both questions:
is this correct?
Select swing side?
#75765 by Lars
Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:23 pm
yes. I select a swing side and "Yes" but still no door swing appears.
#75766 by Lars
Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:28 pm
also... my 3D doors when inserted into a 3D wall do not trim the wall even though "Cut Wall" is turned on. I still have to go and input an "Opening" in the wall to show the door/window properly. Shouldnt this be automatic without the extra "insert opening" step?
#75768 by Roger D
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:26 pm
Should insert and cut if you have that set on, and the wall z base/height would be correct for the door to insert and the current z base/height.
i.e. if wall is from 0' to 8' and you currently are at 10', the door would be above the wall and therefore not cut it.
#75770 by ORWoody
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:40 pm
Lars:
In the doors menu, Swing Style has an option for no swing. As I understand the problem, you are missing both the swing and the door in some cases. If that is the case, then Swing Style, No Swing wouldn't explain everything.
If you'd share the drawing, I'll bet someone could give you an answer in virtually no time at all. There are folks here that dream in DataCAD and there just anything that they haven't messed around with and resolved perfectly.
That includes your 3D headaches too.
Woody
#75774 by MtnArch
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:01 pm
Check and make sure that your doors and located way above or below your walls (check your door settings for sill and head height) and that there isn't a 3D clip cube that the doors are falling outside of.
#75777 by Lars
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:21 pm
Just in case there is any confusion, I'm doing the same plan in 3D and 2D right next to each other to figure out DC as fast as possible.

Under (2D)
Sill height: I dont see an option for this under Architect>Door?
Head Height: 84"
Swing Style: Arc
Weird thing is that Sometimes I get the "correct, yes, no" prompt only occasionally. It appears to be tied to the wall type rather than wall intersections, etc.

Under (3D)
It was the Z-base and Z-height. The wall had a height which was not intersecting the windows or doors. Thanks for that insight!

Just noticed that DC inserts 3D doors and windows into the 2D walls? (even with Auto3D off) Interesting.
#75782 by MtnArch
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:12 pm
That's always been one of DCad's strong suits .. you get 2-1/2D without the overhead of full 3D!

Glad we were able to help some - keep at it!