Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70918 by loisw
Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:47 pm
In DataCAD 14, if I clicked on a line or object and hit Alt I, it would change my cursor to the layer, line type, etc. of that line. If I do the same thing in 19, it just takes me to the Identify menu. Is there some way to preform the same function, which was very handy, rather than having to change the layer, then the line type?

Also, the old DCADWIN toolbar had a button to toggle when you wanted to add text. The only way I can see to do this in 19 is to hit Text in the Edit Menu, which isn't the end of the world, I suppose, just different.
#70919 by joshhuggins
Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:07 pm
Open up the Datacad 19\Support Files\DCADWIN.MCR file with a text editor like Notepad and change the following two lines for I
Code: Select all// Identify Set All
I^·^È^;^S1^$^S8^S0^É^
#70978 by loisw
Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:45 pm
I have looked under Support Files and I see several DCADWIN files but none with a .MCR extension.
#70979 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:53 pm
You might have the display of file extensions turned off. What version of Windows are you running?
#70983 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:52 am
Look for the Folder and Search Options - this is various places in different versions of Windows. Hold the Windows key and hit e and then in Win7, it is in the Organize menu. On the View tab, uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types". This will show ALL file extensions, so you can see the .MCR file extension.

This is the single most annoying default setting in Windows. I ALWAYS change it on every single machine I use.