Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71099 by MtnArch
Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:50 am
I don't think you'll be able to access their server unless they've set you up with a VPN (Virtual Private Network), and your drive letter assignment matches up with theirs. Josh can probably answer this better than I can!
#71100 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:10 pm
There are a lot of unknown variables here that we need to know. I would talk to their IT dept or whoever manages it on some of the following items.

What is your end goal?
- Are you and others at their site going to be sharing the Datacad files with Xref and working at the same time?
- Or do they just want everything on their servers and for you to work remotely on the files while starting to take advantage of xrefs?
- Something else?

Technical ?'s
- What OS are you running?
- Could they already have a remote access/VPN service of some sort already running that you might be able to take advantage of? Might be easiest to take what they have and tweak it for your use depending on what they have going on.
- Is their server a computer based server or possibly a Network Storage device of some sort?
- What OS is the server running?
- Will they be willing to modify their firewalls if needed to allow you to be able setup a proper VPN solution?
#71101 by MtnArch
Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:25 pm
Josh -

FYI - If I remember right George is working with an architect who uses Acad - not Dcad.