Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71831 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:39 am
Hi Esme,

In the Hatch menu, click the Manage button, and load the pattern you want to use. Then, in the Hatch menu click Angle, and then click on the rafter, which will match the hatch angle to the rafter. Then click Boundary and select the area you want hatched.
#71920 by ORWoody
Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:04 pm
Esme:
It sounds to me like you are wanting a batt insulation line that appears to narrow as it gets into the narrowing space in an attic, such as going from 12" deep to 4 or 5 inches at the bearing end. I'm thinking full thickness batt insulation line type to slightly less than the depth of the bearing end of a truss.
The easiest way to do that would be to create your termination line as a symbol or create a line that does it when the spacing is set properly. If you do it as a symbol you could just insert it. Obviously, there would be little flexibility on the pitch for the large to small end.
If you select a common rate of slope for your projects, you can create a line type that does what you want during a single repeat. Just draw the line and use create line in linetype manager. If I were doing that, I'd use the center of the connecting linetype as my connection point with one side of my new linetype remaining flat and the other sloping as needed. That way, you could just snap to the end of your insulation line and draw your line for a single repeat.
The thing is that by doing it that way, you'd need one that runs right to left and one that runs left to right. If you didn't create two, when you drew a line that runs opposite of its creation direction, the flat side would appear on top and the slope side would be on the bottom.
Give it a try and you'll have the satisfaction of liking what you see instead of having to accept what you see.
Woody
#71928 by Roger D
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:11 am
In the past I would draw short pieces of insulation reducing the spacing down 2" each time. A pain.

But, now that the Energy Code requires full depth insulation over to the edge of wall, now using energy trusses with a taller heel and don't need to do that any more.