Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71863 by dennisnorton
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:07 am
For some odd reason, dimension text does not display, except the inch sign (in neither DC18 or DC19). The font displays in text mode, but not in dimensions. Also, I tried to plot the file to see if it was a display issue, but the machine hung up like there was a problem finding the text. I then entered new text in both shx and ttf but all that displays is the inch sign. Of course I have a deadline today (why would an issue like this occur when there is plenty of time of figure it out?). Any suggestions? Very strange.
#71869 by dennisnorton
Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:07 am
Thank for the suggestion, but that didn't work either. I have tried everything - fonts, scales, scale type, exploding, upgrade to latest DC, PAKing, layer save and reload..... Whenever the dimension layer is on, the file just works continuously without saving and I have to shut down DC. I even created a new file and I still can't get dimension text to display or plot or save. Must be something corrupted in the dimensioning programming. Any suggestions?
#71871 by dennisnorton
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:34 am
Thanks, Neil. That worked. When I turned off Rounding, all of the text displayed!!! I don't know why Rounding was on - I never do that intentionally. Limits was not checked, so I then noticed rounding was on and voila!!! Fixed.
#73591 by ChrisHartman
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:01 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:I seem to remember this being caused by an obscure dimension setting, like Limits - if it is toggled on, try toggling it off. Or, look at Dimensions / Linear / Dim Style / S8 Dimension?

I have this condition..but Limits isn't on. really confusing. There's definitely a setting off here because when I paste this all into a fresh drawing it works fine. I can just set this particular drawing on fire, but I'd like to hunt this down so if it happens again I can pinpoint the issue.

Any other suggestions? I've attached the file here.
Attachments
(186.31 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
#73592 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:12 am
ChrisHartman wrote:
Neil Blanchard wrote:I seem to remember this being caused by an obscure dimension setting, like Limits - if it is toggled on, try toggling it off. Or, look at Dimensions / Linear / Dim Style / S8 Dimension?

I have this condition..but Limits isn't on. really confusing. There's definitely a setting off here because when I paste this all into a fresh drawing it works fine. I can just set this particular drawing on fire, but I'd like to hunt this down so if it happens again I can pinpoint the issue.

Any other suggestions? I've attached the file here.

In the Linear dimension menu, go into Dim Style and select Rounding. Within that menu, toggle Off Round It.
Round It.JPG
Round It.JPG (8.35 KiB) Viewed 7032 times

Dave