Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71998 by George W. Burns CPBD
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:23 pm
Why, when I click on hatching menu, using the area or fence doesn't lay down the hatch chosen? You have to actually click on boundary, but when you do, there is no fence button, and I'm trying to Fill a window that the view is cut by a classical column that has a lot of curves. I've tried using Contour Search, but apparently that's too much math for my machine. I just get the spinning wheel for as long as I'm willing to sit there and do nothing.

Should there be a Fence button after clicking on "Boundary"? If so, where is that toggle?
Am I able to use the controls on the Hatching menu, but I'm just to stupid to know what to do after I have drawn a fence around something? Because when I do, it says "0 entities selected".
Is that saying that you are supposed to be selecting "entities" that will collectively make a boundary?

Thanks for any help.
Geo.
#71999 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:48 pm
After hitting boundary, the Info bar should prompt you to start drawing the boundary which defaults to a fence method of input. Once your first point is input you will have curve options become available. Contour search only works when clicking on the inside of an area that is completely closed. Areas that have curve end points in them rarely work properly and should be done with normal input. When Contour search fails like you mentioned, if you hit end that should stop the search and return you to the normal creation menu. If you let the search run too long (like over 5 seconds) sometimes Datacad gets lost and the drawing will crash. So if you think it's not working it's best to end the search early.
#72000 by George W. Burns CPBD
Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:00 pm
joshhuggins wrote:After hitting boundary, the Info bar should prompt you to start drawing the boundary which defaults to a fence method of input. Once your first point is input you will have curve options become available. Contour search only works when clicking on the inside of an area that is completely closed. Areas that have curve end points in them rarely work properly and should be done with normal input. When Contour search fails like you mentioned, if you hit end that should stop the search and return you to the normal creation menu. If you let the search run too long (like over 5 seconds) sometimes Datacad gets lost and the drawing will crash. So if you think it's not working it's best to end the search early.

Not under SPB Fill. If you choose SPB Fill, the menu it takes you has two buttons at the top: Rectangle and Cont. Search. One of them has to be chosen.

EDIT: Scratch THAT!!! I see now that you can click the button that has been chosen and it will turn off. THEN you can input by fence method. THANK YOU!!!!!