Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72517 by George W. Burns CPBD
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:43 pm
And I'm sure it's because I don't understand how it works, but when I hit the "P" key, the message down on the lower left:
"No view to restore (Up to 25 views are saved)"

I am working on cabinet elevations and I am scrolling/panning from the floor plan to the cab. eles, and it would be so much faster just to hit the "P" key like I always have in the past, but for some reason, it doesn't work anymore. What am I doing wrong?
#72518 by joshhuggins
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:38 pm
In the Program Prefs, on the Interface tab double check to see if both options are checked under Previous view. Also sometimes it can break and just stop working which requires restarting Datacad, but that is rare.
#72520 by George W. Burns CPBD
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:13 pm
joshhuggins wrote:In the Program Prefs, on the Interface tab double check to see if both options are checked under Previous view. Also sometimes it can break and just stop working which requires restarting Datacad, but that is rare.

Okay, I did that, and you were right, one of the boxes wasn't checked. So thanks for that.

But now hitting "P" gives me the previous view... which is just a few frames difference because I am using scroll zoom. It seems like before when I used it, it would return me to a region of the drawing field where I was last actually doing work. Is there some button I can click on the says "this is a view I wish to return to when I hit P"?

Thanks for the help.