Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72968 by Rod Jeheber
Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:30 pm
Maybe I am losing my mind, but if I drew a square using four lines (not the rectangle button) the four lines would ALL be grouped together right?
For some odd reason now, this is not happening. If I click "move" and select "group" only three of the four lines will be highlighted.
Any one else experiencing this issue?
#72992 by Rod Jeheber
Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:06 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:You drew the 4 lines continuously? You can always make them a group.

Maybe I am not saying this correctly - If I start drawing a two-lined wall, say 20 feet long (using the space bar) and then i go up the page 20 feet, and back 20 feet and then down 20 feet connecting where I first started, and finish. I have now created a box / room right? And they have always been "grouped as one" if I clicked erase, and then group, right? well, that's not happening anymore. Three of the four walls will erase.

Does that make more sense Neil?

Happy New Year as well sir

Rod
#73015 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:21 pm
Rod Jeheber wrote:
Neil Blanchard wrote:You drew the 4 lines continuously? You can always make them a group.

Maybe I am not saying this correctly - If I start drawing a two-lined wall, say 20 feet long (using the space bar) and then i go up the page 20 feet, and back 20 feet and then down 20 feet connecting where I first started, and finish. I have now created a box / room right? And they have always been "grouped as one" if I clicked erase, and then group, right? well, that's not happening anymore. Three of the four walls will erase.
Mine is being grouped for both smart and non smart walls/lines in a new v20.00.00.01 base file as it always hase like you mentioned Rod. Could it be the file your working in? Try a repair or testing in new default file?
#73016 by Roger D
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:46 pm
I just tried that in v19, can not duplicate. all 4 walls are part of same group.
#73018 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:58 pm
Hi Rod,

Rod Jeheber wrote:

Rod

Yes, all the walls drawn like that should be a group. I am not sure what is going on. Try Josh's suggestion?
#73021 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:12 pm
Rod Jeheber wrote:

Rod

Are you pressing any quick keys that may be causing a screen redraw during the process?
#73022 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:16 pm
Rod Jeheber wrote:

Rod

Called you and left a message. Let me know if that corrects the problem.

Dave
#73073 by Rod Jeheber
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:17 pm
Thanks for the phone call David!

Turns out I found a bug in the helplines menu - Well, technically David G. figured it out.

Turn off "Show" under the "Helplines" and this problem goes away until the next update!

Cheers,

Rod