Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73027 by rdberry
Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:58 pm
I got a set of drawings of a small house in autocad that when I convert to datacad they come up completely differant without any lettering/notes. There are about 11 sheets and when I open it up, I get the "model" without the notes or layout. Is there a way to open up acad drawings so they come up as individual drawings. Ie plans, elevations, sections, etc.
TIA
Robert "Butch " Berry
Architect
Eureka Springs, AR.
#73028 by ORWoody
Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:06 pm
This is a guess so take it for what it is worth.
If you look at the model views and see what you need, you might be able to just save each area as a WBlock. Name each WBlock as needed.
As I understand it, a WBlock is just a sub-set drawing file so you could then open them as you want.
Good luck,
Woody
#73032 by artmanvt2000
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:13 am
It sounds like the layouts of the drawings are done in paper space. Datacad does import the paper space layers, but does not "convert" the paper space views. Paper space is AutoCAD's method of doing multi sheets in Datacad. You are going to need to reformat the drawings to get them to come out the way you want to.

As for the missing notes. One of two things could be occurring. Either the notes are really small, some AutoCAD users are using a plot scale linked font size or the notes were done in paper space. Either way the notes are there, which you should be able to find and edit for your use.

Have you trying using AutoCAD's TrueView or a generic AutoCAD based software view the file and it's native state. This might help you determine why some entities are not appearing.