Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73402 by cgarchitect
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:42 pm
I am using Datacad 19. I would like to know if anyone knows a way to generate a window or door schedule when using smart doors and windows. I know that Dcad back in the day had a function that would generate a schedule based on the symbols in a drawing. Looking for something more intelligent. I ofen change windows during the design process and always have to go back and forth between schedules, plans and elevations to get the last size in the model.

Thanks
PJ :P
#73410 by Mark Bell
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:48 pm
Hi PJ,

We've been trialling a method where a self-xref of the floor plan (walls/doors/windows - and slab if needed) is set active and viewed in elevation, then using xclip, a bounding box is defined to display a door. The xclip is then copied and moved across to the next door schedule column and the xclip redefined for the next door and so on. These self-xrefs of the doors (and windows) are 'live' so when you amend the parametric entities in the design model, they automatically update on the door/window schedule sheets. Once you have the layout done, place on your MSP sheet and then annotate/dimension to suit.
#73411 by Mark Bell
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:51 pm
...one extra step I missed, the self xref xclip in elevation needs to be rotated to sit flat in plan, then it can be copied across the sheet. Once the first xclip is done, the rest is move and copy then edit the xclip boundary for the next door/window.