Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73459 by Bob Urbanek
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:36 am
I recently upgraded to DCAD19. Now, I want to upgrade to Windows 10. Are there any problems that I may encounter?
Thanks in advance.
Bob
#73460 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:58 am
Just make sure you have the latest Datacad patch installed. You also may encounter that Datacad needs to deactivated and reactivated after the upgrade. You can deactivate Datacad before the upgrade by closing all drawings and then going up to Datacad's Help menu, License Actions, Deactivate This Computer. Then after the Windows Upgrade, You activate Datacad on it's first run like normal.

See this post on using the website to deactivate a license if needed after the upgrade.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14518&p=64743&hilit=softwarekey#p64751

Mark M. Maybe a sticky post with the contents of your post above should be added to the How To Section?
#73463 by Roger D
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:28 pm
no issues with dcad v19 or 20, but some other programs are not supported by Win 10. Siverlight comes to mind which some local authorities use for forms so I have keep Win7 on my oldest computer just for when I need to access that info.