Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73621 by Delane
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:06 pm
I'm working with DataCAD 19 and I've recently been learning the 3D and smart wall use within the program. I've been on DCAD since 10 but never tried any 3D. I mostly work with commercial architects and engineers so I've been trying to render a metal roof and vertical metal wall panels. I've created a few different smart wall types and have added the material finishes available with the program. I've only seen the Aluminium and Stainless for rendering metals yet no metal wall panels... Does anyone know if there are more finish materials available online for download? Since there is a Barnboard material that gives an approximation of wood slats visually I am hoping there are Metal Wall panel materials also.

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you.

Delane Price

Urena Architecture, PA.
212 Powell Drive
Suite 100
Raleigh, NC 27606
#73623 by Delane
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:36 pm
Roger D wrote:Sometime Manufacturers will have texture files available for download, like
http://www.steelselect.com/content/view ... hp?id=4685

Thanks for the information. I've dl'd a couple of the options yet none can be imported into DCAD 19. For future reference, though, is there a way to import the image files and convert them to .INI files?

Delane
#73624 by Roger D
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:53 pm
Yes you can. Add the texture file in the Texture SubFolder.
In DC, go to View/Rendering/Edit Materials.
Name you new Material
At the bottom of the dialog you can then select the Texture image file.
Page 531 of the ref manual might help, or page 232 of the What's New in DataCad 20, might be another page in WN19.
#73625 by Delane
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:11 pm
Roger D wrote:Yes you can. Add the texture file in the Texture SubFolder.
In DC, go to View/Rendering/Edit Materials.
Name you new Material
At the bottom of the dialog you can then select the Texture image file.
Page 531 of the ref manual might help, or page 232 of the What's New in DataCad 20, might be another page in WN19.

Thank you again. I'm figuring it out with your assist! I'll read up in the manual also.

Delane