Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73817 by Delane
Fri May 04, 2018 10:42 am
Is it possible to edit any of the smart doors that show glazing? Similar to editing a symbol? If not, then is it possible to add doors to the smart door browser? I'm looking for a residential door with multiple horizontal glazing (Modern style) and DCAD doesn't provide it within the program.

Thank you.

Delane

Urena Architecture, PA
212 Powell Drive
Raleigh, NC
#73818 by Roger D
Fri May 04, 2018 10:54 am
you can change the door to use a symbol, you might be looking for "Door Types/Wood Doors/3 Panel 30 Door"
#73819 by Delane
Fri May 04, 2018 11:16 am
Roger D wrote:you can change the door to use a symbol, you might be looking for "Door Types/Wood Doors/3 Panel 30 Door"

Thanks for the reply. I've seen the 3 Panel 30 Door and I need/want a 7 Panel 30 Door if possible. I haven't figured out how to edit the amount of glazing or add new doors with more glazing to the manager. There are no options for sizing the glazing in the smart door menu.

If you have a suggestion for residential door CAD file download(s), then I'd appreciate the assist there too.

Thanks.

Delane
#73820 by Roger D
Fri May 04, 2018 2:55 pm
Sometimes SketchUp's 3d gallary might have one, but I could find with a quick search.
Sometimes the manufacture might have a sketchup image.
For that a quck polygon the size of door x thickness for height. Cut in the 7 voids. In the voids put similar sized polygons defined with glass material, z base/height so it is centered in door. Rotate up, bottom left I think has to be at 0,0,0. Save a symbol. Maybe 10 minutes.
I' sure others have better ways, than this axe approach to using the tools. :D