Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74358 by George W. Burns CPBD
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:42 pm
Can someone explain why you would use the purge function and what is it good for? Like, I understand you could get rid of unused layers, but I really don't need to do that unless I am about finished with a project. Otherwise I might still use the layers. Reason I'm asking, I have a file that is getting glitchy, and I need to do something. If you've read my other thread, you know I have invisible hatch patterns, and now I just tried to erase an exploded dimension group. It didn't erase the strikes, so I erased them and BAM... "error 19" or something to that effect, and my program just locked up. I had to Xout and restart. Do I need to purge? What does that accomplish? Would it help with anything?
Thanks.
#74362 by George W. Burns CPBD
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:55 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:Purge can fix some problems, and Repair can fix many problems.

Hey Neil. Well, I "control-F"ed the manual on "repair" and never came across anything that wasn't referring to repairing walls, like, with "L" and "T" intersections. What is Repair, and where is it?
Thanks
#74364 by dhs
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:17 pm
Hi George,

The repair option was added in v18.02.00 (and in v19 as the next major upgrade following that). You will find details of it in the release notes found at https://www.datacad.com/update/downloads/RevHist/DataCAD/RevHist.html (search for 'AEC File Repair' on that page).

I have never used it, so cannot offer any further advice in that regard, but I do share your disappointment that it is not documented in the manual (together with quite a few other features that have been added over several releases). It is worth bookmarking the above URL (I first found the page through a google search ... I'm not even sure if it is included in any of the menus on the main Datacad.com pages).

Regards,
David.