Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74591 by Bob Urbanek
Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:41 pm
I always use O2C to check the status of my model exterior. Haven't done anything with the interior for a long time. Created an interior view, and started O2C. I thought it would render that view, but it reverts to the default view. I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. I would appreciate any help. Maybe my whole approach is incorrect. Just want to get interior views rendered and printed.
Bob
#74592 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:58 pm
Hello Bob,

There are a couple of o2c-related keys in DCADWIN.ini that you'll want to change to make setting up your interior perspective views easier.

[o2cViewer]
LoadDataCADView=TRUE
; This causes the view in the Object Viewer to match the current perspective view from DataCAD.
Remember Last View=FALSE
; This needs to be set to FALSE if LoadDataCADView is TRUE. Otherwise, the last view from o2c will 'step' on the previous view from DataCAD.
Model_Z_Angle=180
; o2c's world space is 180 degrees opposite from DataCAD's. So the model needs to be rotated to match.
Texture_Z_Angle=270
; This is optional. By default, horizontal textures (bitmaps applied to horizontal surfaces) are rotated 90 degrees from the original as viewed on the hard drive. Rotating them 90 degrees would correct this, but you have to add the model rotation to it, so the bitmap needs to be rotated 270 degrees.

With these settings, you should be able to set up your interior perspective view in DataCAD. Use GoTo Views to create multiple view points. Then launch o2c while displaying the view in DataCAD and the result in the Object Viewer should match. You can use the GoTo View option in the Object Viewer to save and recall the matching views.

Hope this helps,

MFM