Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74776 by Mark Bell
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:26 pm
Hi Bob,
If you're referring to the 3D symbols looking semi-transparent like the screenshot below I believe it's due to the polygon normals not all facing the right direction.

091618a.jpg
#74781 by Mark Bell
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:13 pm
Hi Bob,
You can right-mouse click over the symbol in the symbol browser, then pick Edit Symbol to open it in its own window. Then pick Change from the 3DEdit menu, then S8 Flip Normals and either select the whole symbol or portions of it, then launch O2C to check and you may need to change-back an entity (flip normals again). The best way is to look at it in O2C first and determine which parts don't need their normals flipping so you can leave these out of your selection. Once you made the change to the symbol, save and close the symbol window. This saves the change to the current drawing file. To save it on your hard disk you now need to right mouse click again over the symbol in the SB and pick SaveAs then follow the prompts to re-save the symbol with your changes so that the next time you access it from the SB the changes are in place. Ideally, these symbols need correcting by DataCAD at some point with a future upgrade so they're done at the release level.

091718b.jpg
#74782 by Bob Urbanek
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:11 am
Mark, thanks so much. I had looked in the manual, but it only worked in the shader. I have run into this previously with other symbols. Now, when I come across them, I'll be able to fix them. Hope there aren't too many . :roll:
Really appreciate your help.
Bob