Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#75317 by caddboss
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:12 am
Hi all,

Lately I have got DataCAD form my colleague and first thing I tried is to write some Greek texts in drawing using plain windows TTF. The text appears OK in English, but when entering Greek part, it looks like hieroglyphics. Is there any switch or something to switch codepage to get the text display right? By the way, if I use some CHR font files i have from Spirit, text is OK. See attached. Thank you for any help.
Attachments
datacad.jpg
#75321 by Ted B
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:08 pm
It's probably the font, not all TFF-fonts map the same. I've also run across TTF-fonts that are actually hybrid translated OTF-fonts.

Datacad doesn't support OTF ...and even some higher-level TTF characters from the keyboard. Have you tried the "character map"-feature in Windows? Or a different TTF-font? Are you using a keyboard set to "International English" or "Std. US English" within Windows? That controls the key-mapping to Unicode characters and diacritics from the keyboard.
#75324 by caddboss
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:40 am
Thank you Ted B! That was it. Some TTF fonts are displayed OK, others not. CHR fonts are working good fortunately, they are also very "plotter friendly" :)
I'll check some other (older) Greek TTF fonts files I have to see if they are usable.
Attachments
datacad.jpg
#75326 by Ted B
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 am
I've found for technical writing and some CADD work it's useful to have both keyboards settings in my system tray in the lower right corner of the display. I also have Character Map as a screen shortcut and in the tray in the lower left corner. Both make accessing diacritics and Greek math symbols easier.