Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#75341 by GARY247
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:26 pm
So what do I have to do to make a symbol stay revised. If I reload it it reverts back to the old one.
Last edited by GARY247 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#75342 by joshhuggins
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:41 pm
Check this setting

Ctrl+Right Click on the symbol, Symbol Tools, and make sure Auto Reload is not checked.
#75346 by joshhuggins
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:28 pm
Hmmm weird, that feature was added back in version 16. Is it a nested symbol?
#75348 by GARY247
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:07 am
Josh
I was wrong. I was looking in the wrong place. It was under symbol tools. No it is not clicked. Yesterday I revised the same symbol 4 times and each time it failed to be stay revised. I had the same problem in another drawing where the symbols changed from one drawing to another. In that case I think it was reacting to symbols in the drawing it self with the symbol file changing instead of the symbols in the drawing. I think it might be the case in my current drawing. How do I get the symbol file to stay and the drawing get updated? Should I have auto reload turned on so all other symbols in the drawing are updated to the revised one?