Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#75570 by ggogan
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:16 am
Sometimes I insert Bitmap and see the outline but not the image. They are turned on under Display.
Many times - most times it does work fine.
I suspected the resolution of a jpg, so resaved as gif and then tiff to lower res but still not good.
Thanks for any thoughts.
#75573 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:29 am
Welcome to the forum Geoff!

I would stick with the JPG format for images as it's probably the best supported format for Datacad, especially vs GIF and TIF. You can use most any image editing program to reduce the resolution of your images and still save to the JPG format.

You may want to check your DCADWIN.INI file (located in your Datacad install folder. Open with Notepad to read it's contents) to see what the following values are set at for Bitmaps. Below is what mine is set to.

Code: Select all[Bitmaps]
MaxSize=512
MinSize=0.001
#75582 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:09 pm
Do your PNG's come in correctly Neil? Ours always look darker than the original image in Datacad. I usually prefer PNG files as well, but never found a way around this without having to edit the original images contrast / brightness level.
#75587 by David Porter
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:37 am
I use PNGs and JPGs and I haven't found any tonal differences between the two. The PNGs, to my eye, seem to come in a little crisper than JPGs.
#77643 by ggogan
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:17 pm
Hello all,
Geoff Gogan again. I had forgotten that I posted that question about Bitmaps.
I had to recently upgrade to Win 10 with a complete new install so had to go back and reset all.
I'm sure I have not recalled all of them yet
Just wanted to thank you for your replies as I just had the same problem
and editing the ini file worked. Thanks
and best to all the old Datacad guys out there.
That's all I use and I'm thankful to have it and that they are continuing to support and update.
-Geoff