Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#75828 by tfarley
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:00 pm
Does Datacad have a command like AutoCAD's point filters? In case a description is needed: The point filters I'm looking for are specifically .x and .y (for x,y and z directions). If you type .x then pick the line command, you can type in a distance (eg. 12') and the start of the line will move to 12' in the direction picked. It used to save me tons of time instead of drawing temporary lines. I've searched the forum and the manual but can't find anything like these filters. Please help!
#75829 by Roger D
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:18 pm
Sounds like you are referring to reference point "'". Hit the ', select the point and then type in the distance you want from that point.
You can also do a Right-Click on the point and a sub menu will pop up, and you can then make a selection on Get X or Get Y, or.....
#75832 by tfarley
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:48 pm
I think you mean the key I would use for a foot mark, I don't see any other key that looks like that. When I hit it, all it does is toggle "Layer search On & Off". I searched the manual for "Get X" and found the X and Y commands. The manual says Shift + Middle mouse button. That brought up the menu but I'm still not getting it. It is just drawing lines from the start point of my mouse click. I've tried several times. I think you understand what I'm trying to do, but I don't know if I'm describing what I want very well. As an example, I want to be able to pick the end point (or mid, etc.) of a line and "jump" to a point that I type in a distance for, to create the start point of the line. I want empty space between the X point and the start point of my line. I used to be able to use this for lines, moves, etc. It's very frustrating having to draw temporary lines all the time only to have to erase them. It's such a waste of time. Thanks for your input. I'll keep researching while I wait for more input from the forum.
#75833 by Roger D
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:03 pm
Key to the left of 1. ` Apostrophe
Or the X+Distance, pick the point, enter the distance from that point you want to start.

Now in ver21 you can create helplines, which are non printing lines to also use for layout. I've developed a Ctrl-Alias to delete them all when I'm done using them.
In Support Files\DacadWin.dca
Add the following
Code: Select all[d]
comment=delete Helplines
alias=^:^S4^F1^F5^

And whenever you want to delete them all, it's Ctrl-Space-d-Enter and poof they are gone.
#75834 by tfarley
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:09 pm
I figured it out just before your new post came in. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! That is exactly what I wanted to do. You sir are an answer to prayer...
#75835 by ORWoody
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:04 pm
A simple way to do what you want to do is to actually draw that unwanted line and after picking the second end point, touch the comma. You will still be hooked to the first point of your desired line and the offending line will be erased without having to go to the erase command later. Pick the second point of your desired line and you are done.

In DataCAD, you can be drawing a series of connected lines and create breaks in the series with the comma. All the remaining lines will still be part of a single group if desired.

The comma is your friend.